No sound comes out from the Elephone ELE Explorer 4K action camera’s recorded videos? It’s an easy to solve problem. Follow the guide to make it.
You recorded some fantastic sports videos, but when you play back them, you are upset to find that all the videos are silent. No sound comes out! What’s wrong? Let’s check and solve it.
Check Sound Settings
Check whether you have turned on the “Recording Sound” feature on the action camera. Press the Power / Mode button to enter its Settings interface. Then press OK button to enter the Video’s settings. Press the Down button to move the selection bar to “Recording Sound” option and tick it.
If the settings have no problem, check whether you have turned on your phone / camera’s volume when watching the recorded videos. Simply raise up the volume. Maybe your phone is in the Silent / Meeting mode, which doesn’t allow the media volume coming out. So please change the mode to the Ring mode.
Format Your SD Card
Maybe the SD card has something wrong. Simply format the card and then have a try again.
Press the Power / Mode button to enter its Settings interface and then press OK button to activate the setting options. Press Power / Mode button to switch to the gear icon, here you will see the “Format” option. Press the Down button to move the selection to the “Format” option and press OK button to format the SD card (if you have saved some important videos or images on the SD card, you can copy it to your PC first to prevent it being deleted by the formatting).
Reset the Action Camera
If the formatting makes no sense as well, try to reset the action camera.
Press the Power / Mode button to enter its Settings interface and then press OK button to activate the setting options. Press Power / Mode button to switch to the gear icon, and press the Down button to the “Reset To Factory Settings” option and press OK button to confirm the choice.
Update the Camera’s Firmware
Once none of the solutions work, the final method you can try is to update the camera’s firmware.
- Download the Elephone Explorer action camera’s update file on your PC from our Gearbest blog.
- Connect the your camera to the PC through the USB cable and choose USB mode. Then your camera will show on the “My Computer” interface on your PC.
- Update Elephone Explorer action camera’s firmware
- Copy the file to your camera’s SD card. And then safely remove it from the PC.
- Press the Power / Mode button to enter its Settings interface and then press OK button to activate the setting options. Press Power / Mode button to switch to the gear icon, and press the Down button to the “Firmware Version” option and press OK button to enter it. An update notification will pop up, simply press OK to update the firmware.
After trying all the above solutions but there is still no sound coming out of the video, the most possible reason is that the action camera’s microphone is broken. You can contact the after-sales service for help. Or just take it to a local electronic repair center to check and fix.
For GearBest customers: if the above solutions are not working for your issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Just fill the ticket with your questions at our Support center and send it to us. And we will try our best to deal with it as soon as possible when we receive it. We are always here for helping you.
Gearbest after-sales center: Support Center.